Hair Transplantation Simplified : What you can and shouldn’t
Hair loss, once thought to affect primarily older men, is affecting younger men and women today. Hair transplant is the most viable solutions for people with irreversible hair loss, yet everyone has thousands of questions about it.
Here are some of the things you need to take note before having a hair transplant:
- 99% of all hair transplants are effective, and help you look and feel better within days of the transplant.
- It gives you hair that looks and feels natural. Aesthetically hair transplants look better than wigs and other cosmetic solutions.
- The process is quick and does not involve subsequent procedures. In contrast to many procedures that require multiple sittings over extended periods of time (running to months), hair transplant requires only one or two sittings.
- Good pain management techniques ensure that the process is relatively painless.
- Approximately 80% of the transplanted hair will grow back. Therefore, expecting complete hair growth, isn’t reasonable.
- Just like regular hair, transplanted hair is also your own hair, and will begin to thin down over time.
You need to ensure that you follow the dermatologist’s instructions and take utmost care of the transplanted hair for at least 3 or 4 weeks post transplantation. A little care and attention will go a long way in giving you a mop of thick hair.